Massey University Christian Fellowship is part of the Massey University Students Association and is a member of the Tertiary Students Christian Fellowship.
MUCF is a student group on the Manawatū Campus of Massey University, committed to promoting the Christian faith and cultivating Christian discipleship in a university context. Our vision is a movement of Massey students living for Jesus, being trained in servant leadership, and proclaiming Christ through personal relationships and public initiatives.
We believe that every university student should have the opportunity to investigate the Christian faith as an adult. For that reason, we want to be clear on the essentials of the Christian message. The Doctrinal Basis of MUCF comprises the evangelical truths of the historic Christian faith, including:
(1) There is one God, who is three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is the Creator and sustainer of all things.
(2) God in revealing Himself inspired the Holy Scriptures so that they are entirely trustworthy and have supreme authority in matters of doctrine, faith and conduct.
(3) We were all made for fellowship with God, but disobeyed Him. So we all have become sinners, guilty in God’s sight, under His wrath, and alienated from Him.
(4) Jesus Christ, God’s own Son, became truly human. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
(5) Jesus Christ took on Himself the sin of the world when he died on the Cross as our representative and substitute. God thereby showed His love for us and provided the only way for us to be forgiven and reconciled to Him.
(6) Jesus of Nazareth was raised by God from the dead.
(7) The Holy Spirit brings us to trust in Christ and repent of our sins, lives in us, and develops our new life in Christ in the fellowship of the Church.
(8) Jesus Christ, the Living Lord, will return in person as Judge and King.
Palmerston North Christian Leaders Association
Tertiary Students Christian Fellowship
The International Fellowship of Evangelical Students